Saturday 29 November 2008

Relaxing break...you must be joking!

I decided that we should get away for a night, travel straight after work on Friday and stay overnight at Blackpool and then come home later on Saturday...the hotel I booked, dear Lord, NEVER again will I ever go there..
The entire place smelt of cabbage, which was beyond gross, the bedroom was at least clean but only had a 3/4 double bed...and seens as we kick each other in our king size bed at home, wasn't going to work. Luckily the room offered a single bed as well, which I used. The floor sloped, so when I was in bed I was literally rolled to one side, which resulted in my falling on the floor once! I could feel every spring in that bed, the most horiffic bed I've EVER been in. We were given a sheet and cover, and that was it. The heating went off at midnight and me, yes the mouse with her own internal boiler, laid shivering all night, trying to wrap herself in towels to keep warm. Why didn't we call reception to complain I hear you call, mainly because there was no phone in the room (which is bizarre) and it takes an entire 10 minutes to walk the maze of corridors to get to our room. To be honest, if there was a fire, we would be dead. The room was a corner one, offering two windows of two different streets...both with several different nightclubs/bars and through glass which was about as thick as a human hair we heard every single word spoken.
We were booked in for breakfast, not something I usually eat, but hey I'll give it a go...of which I did, well we made it to the "restaurant" which smelt and looked worse than anything I've ever seen, so we kinda looked at each other and walked back to the room, sorry I mean treked back to the room to just get out of that place.
When going for checkout, I handed my key in...and was told.."goodbye" right then...did customer service also get swallowed within the credit crunch?

We had our day at Blackpool, which was cold and foggy but it was a day out none the less. We did the SeaLife Centre, oh how I love sharks, they were beautiful, I could have sat and watched them all day long.
I would say the sea was beautiful too, only...I couldn't see it because of the fog, so ya know, I assume it was beautiful.

Just before we were leaving, we were going to cross the road and a german shepherd came running straight at me...oh, my heart broke. I miss you so much Midi, I really do.

Anyways, I still feel pappy so I'm going to chill (Not literally tonight!!) and watch Frost with hubby and my new King Louie my hubby bought me :)

Take care out there and watch out for evil hotels!

Mouse x