Thursday 6 November 2008

America, Presidents and madness

So, America, has a new president....eight long years with the....actually, I don't think there has been a word invented, as yet, to quite cover what Bush was. Now, the problem I have is how this is being reported...I don't care if anyone in power is black, white, pink, green, yellow, blue or even grey, so long as they do a good job, Surely, that's all that should matter? When Tony Blair had his landslide victory, no one stated it was "Another white man as prime minister" I don't care what colour he was, so long as he did a good job, obviously he didn't but that's not the point. Skin colour should be something that doesn't come into the mind. Its the person and how they act/what they say etc. But I guess there is still a lot of racism around, it just irks me because I wanna have an opinion on someone that's developed from their character, nothing else, because....lets be honest, nothing else really matters.

Sorry, it's Thursday night and we watch Question Time and This Week, so I'm in a political mode, plus I'm trying to take my mind off the poochy...he's not doing so well and it's hurting...a lot. But, we have a cunning plan and that's to spend the whole weekend with him, spoiling him and trying to put a smile on his face, after that...it's in the lap of the Gods...

I have college tomorrow, after a fortnight break, I need to check and fill my bag as, for the day I am, as my hubby lovingly calls me a "bloody student". It is like going back many years, and although I enjoy the course, it's kinda hard to keep kicking the lil kids outta the way when I'm trying to get to class...

So, I need to go spend some more time with the poochy and sort my studenty things out..

Take care out there..

Mouse