Wednesday 3 June 2009

Strange things happen when you're going round the twist..

You know what really irks me? When people who think they know me tell me things about myself I know aren't true. A "friend" only sees a snippet of your life and some of them take that as being literal while ignoring the evidence that lies there in terms of refuting their theories. What's the point of arguing the point with them? If they've said it they obviously believe it so I, personally, don't see why I should put my case across, as it were. They're still gonna think they're right, I'm happy in the knowledge they're wrong, people can think what they like but it doesn't mean they're right.
There may be a point in there, with what they're saying, but I don't see why I should waste what little energies I have fighting their thoughts to make them feel better. I'm made of sturner stuff and if people don't like that, then they have to deal with it.
I'm aware of what I am and how I deal with things, I will "stand up for myself" when I have to but I don't see the point if either I don't agree or because I see things differently, variety is the spice of life and I don't see why I should be the one to have to please others. They don't do it for me so why should I do it back? I'm me, live with it, if you don't like it you know what you can do. Accept me for ME, my thoughts, ideas and the way I see myself, if you disagree so what? That's part of life too, just because I don't shove things down your throat doesn't mean that I don't agree or disagree, I'm a different character to you and don't feel that I require to explain myself to you at every turn. I love you to bits but it doesn't mean that I agree with some things you say. I take your moods because they're part of you and that's a big reason why I like you in the first place. I'll always listen to what you have to say, maybe not at the time, but it'll always come back to me, I respect and value your opinion, it means a lot to me, but at the end of the day, I'm me and I'll make my own mind up on how I handle things.

Don't try and understand me, just love me.

Mouse x